The goal of the Thunderbird Angel Network is to invest in and help grow the top private domestic and global companies. We have established a process that helps entrepreneurs present to and possibly raise capital from key potential angel investors. This process is designed to enhance the benefits of working with angel investors while minimizing the hassles.
If you would like to take the next step in the application process, simply click here to download the Entrepreneur Fact Sheet, which covers the following areas in detail:
- Basic Requirements
- Application Fees
- TAN Screening Process
- Procedures for Presentation to the Thunderbird Angel Network
- Entrepreneur Presentation Slide Considerations
The Thunderbird Angel Network utilizes Gust, an online deal management tool, as the exclusive venue through which entrepreneurs apply for funding. You will need to follow the instructions accurately during the process of submitting your application to Gust.
TAN Application Process
- Click the ‘apply here’ link below and you will be redirected to the Thunderbird Angel Network application entry page on Gust.
- If this is your first time using Gust, you will need to register for a Gust account(email and password).
- After you login, you will be asked to answer questions about your company. Please fully complete each question to be considered for our next round of deal screening.
- You will have the opportunity to upload supporting documents to Gust (such as your executive summary, business plan, and/or slide deck).
- We require applicants to follow the directions for application as outlined in the Entrepreneur Fact Sheet (click the link at the top of the page to download the Entrepreneur Fact Sheet).
- When you have completed all required information, use the ‘Submit’ button in Gust to send your application to the Thunderbird Angel Network.
- You will be able to change and add to your application on Gust if more information becomes available. Applications currently require no submission fee for review by the Thunderbird Angel Network.
- Please submit your application at least 3 weeks in advance before the next investor meeting. You will find the details for the upcoming investor meetings on the Meetings page.
- Once you have submitted your application, please allow 2-3 weeks for our staff to contact you with feedback. Be aware the Network does not meet during the summer months.
TAN Screening Process
- 1st Round: Gust application profile reviewed by the TAN Manager
- Companies that are declined will receive an email notification
- The best deals are promoted to the second round of screening and TAN investors are sent an alert to review the company's Gust application profile
- 2nd Round: The TAN selection committee reviews the comments and ratings of the TAN investors on the company's Gust profile and determines the companies that will graduate to the third round of screening
- companies that are declined will receive an email notification
- The best deals are sent an email requesting a PowerPoint pitch slide deck with voice narration in order to be considered for the third round of screeing. The company will have 3 days to send the TAN selection committee the Powerpoint presentation.
- 3rd Round: The company's PowerPoint pitch slide deck with voice narration is reviewed by the TAN selection committee
- Companies that are declined will receive and email notification
- The best deals are asked to present at the next TAN investor dinner
- 4rd Round:Present to Investors at TAN dinner
- The selection committee will have until 7 days before the scheduled investor dinner to invite the companies to present
- Since applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and the time slots for presentations at the current TAN dinner may be full, companies may be asked to wait to present at the subsequent TAN investor dinner
- Companies that are declined after presenting at a TAN investor dinner will receive the compiled feedback from the investors that saw the presentation
- If TAN investors are interested in the deal, a due diligence team will be formed and the company will be contacted for more information. The due diligence team will contact the company to inform the company of the final outcome of the due diligence process
If you are ready, you can apply here, and you will be taken to our Gust application page for Entrepreneurs. Please be advised that your application will be reviewed by our Selection Committee followed by a notification declining interest or requesting more information or a presentation. Presentations will be scheduled in accordance with the Network's meeting schedule, available on the Meetings page.
For general questions, feel free to contact us at any time.